vendredi 20 juillet 2012

Reims and Bruges

After leaving the Paris area we spent the afternoon in Reims, visited the cathedral where French kings were crowned and wandered around.  Unfortunately it was raining and miserable weather so I don't think we saw the city at its best, and after the excitement of Disneyland we all needed a low key day.
Then we headed to Bruges / Brugge to spend the weekend with Cameron.  Bruges was really beautiful (despite more rain), but expensive.





Camping was hilarious because it rained and rained and rained.  Our tent is pretty good in rain, but after so much it inevitably started leaking.  I felt incredibly bad because Joe said to me in the middle of the night "I'm getting wet", and I told him he couldn't possibly be as he was sleeping in the middle of the tent and should go back to sleep. But then in the morning we found out there had been a steady drip all night right onto Joe and his covers were soaked (and he had slept right through).  Bad mummy!!  It was OK the next two nights as the rain was lighter, but I'll not ignore anyone who tells me rain is falling on them again!



After Bruges we headed to Calais and got the ferry to England.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire