samedi 21 janvier 2012

La maison

We have to say something about our house.  It is amazing.  I feel like we got it by accident.  I posted a wanted ad a few months ago on a site and although loads of people responded, but no one had exactly what we wanted. Then I got an email from the guys at www.marseillanvillage.com titled "The Perfect House in Marseillan".  A phonecall and several emails later, and negotiating price and the deal was done - I'd rented a house for half a year on the basis of a few photos and some googlemap sleuthing. (You can see their description of it under Maison du Colonel at the link above if you're really interested.)

It turned out to be just perfect, I can't even describe how amazing it is.  The location is exactly what I'd hoped for, right in the middle of the town in a warren of narrow streets (the front of the house is on one street and the back of the house on another).  We've got four bedrooms and my& Stewart's room is enormous with a walk-in closet (!) and ensuite.  The guest room also has an ensuite bathroom, and then the boys share another bathroom. We also have a big living room and kitchen, a separate dining room and a TV room (we only get French channels on TV, so I don't feel guilty letting the boys watch it).  There's no garden, but a little terrace off the top floor that we haven't used much yet except for drying washing, but I'm sure we will once it gets warmer.  Oh, and it has a big garage that is incredibly difficult to back in to (especially with our neighbour tut-tutting as we try!). Only bad thing about the house is that it looks kind of weird from the front, but you don't notice that when you're inside.  I keep taking photos of the house but nothing really does it justice.  Just come and see us!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire